New track on Talent Pool

Since I am among friends here. If you have any ideas for improvement let me know.

/K

3 Likes

Hi,

I must say there is a nice groove going on on this track.

I will give my opinion about what I’m missing for the production stage :

• I would love to hear a little bit more transition’s sounds (sweep, riser, downer, downlifter, you know what I mean). I think some of them could be longer. I really miss one or two more on 0:30. Because it was so a little break, I didn’t expect a chord progression there, even at the second audition. So I would maybe mark a transition between those two intros.
  • I not a big fan of the recurring little break before each drop (the one with the “downer synth”). It’s fun ok, but it does’nt sound to me to be part of the same palette of sound than the rest of the track.
  • I’m enjoying your groove, your basslines. I like the riff at 1:42, the main riff I guess.
  • After the build-up, at 2:43, I find the break to weak, to shot to conduct to a drop. And I find the drop not powerful enough compare to the end of the build-up. I hear like the same power. The difference is the occupation of the stereo field.
  • Love the snare at 1:04. Fat and punchy. Well saturated.
  • The break at 3:17 : I not fan of the snare, but maybe it is due to the damned soundcloud’s compression. Maybe insert some kind of general gate effect on the mix buss. The signal should pass during the snare with a little bit of release. It will insert some short silence that will maybe contrast better with the power of the upcoming drop.
  • Maybe I’m missing of some hit-hats or percs.
  • I think a little vocal gimmic as on “Dirty Basslines” of Maddix or a speaking synth as on “KABOOM” of Bali Bandits should be really nice and will add some human “interaction” with the audience. Or from “BOOM!” of Tujamo : the “Ho my God that’s so fuck*** good !” :grin:

I’m more a Trance guy than an Electro guy, but this track has to my humble opinion a great potential, especially in term of groove and basslines. In overal, I would love to hear more dirty sounds, more bangy sounds like for exemple your kick on Defected or Bling. A little bit dirtier and less deep-housy (Am I understandable :sunglasses: ?). And more surcharged power ! :triumph:

1 Like

Thank you for your time and detailed suggestions. I will definitely think about how I can use your suggestions. I think it was interesting to hear that you miss my harder sounds from Defected or Bling because this time I deliberately tried to make a more gently deep/progressive track. Maybe I need to go back to my harder roots or find a good balance between.

Thank you again, and do let me know if I can return the favor by giving you feedback on any current or future tracks.

/K

Also, on a side note. I am extra glad you are on my favorite DAW S1 as well.

/K

1 Like

I find myself also fighting about my own style (in Trance music). Sometimes I want a more gently melody and sounds, but each time the harder side of myself want to take the lead :grin:. So I think the futur will tell you what’s your ID, what’s your sound. Two things are true : Perseverance and Time

When I will be happy with a track of mine, I will let you know. Thanks a lot !

Man this DAW is so damn good about workflow ! I was a hard Ableton and Pro Tools user for years, but I discover it and know I want to produce and mix like never before. I know Cubase is good, complete also for the movie industry, but there is something about Studio One, I don’t know… It’s just magic !

1 Like

Hi Ken,

Nice work, it sounds full fat and proud. I like the Disco feel you’ve given it, it’s a nice chilled track. The verbs/basslines sound on point! Great!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Ken

Nice track, nice mixing! Voted!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

1 Like

Nice work Ken. I only had my iPad speakers, so not the best referencing gear, but I like the groove.

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated. /K

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate taking the time.

/K

you youngsters listen to crazy music these days :rofl:

3 Likes

This song is awesome as the other ones I’ve heard of yours. Are you doing producing and djing professionally?

1 Like

Hi,

first of all… Thank you! You literally made my day.

As to your question.

I am not DJ:ing at them moment due to my family situation right now. And weather I produce professionally I would say No as my own definition av professionally is weather you are doing this as a daytime job and/or can make a living on it. And with that definition the answer is currently No. However I am fighting my way into the spotlight and would love to be able to do this full time. I have had some success with radio and Spotify curated playlist support together with A-listed top 10 DJs playing my tracks but my actual income from my musical sales is still only around €500 a month. I need at least one more zero to be able to switch my day time job with my studio. :wink:

What about yourself. Do you have any music for me to listen to?

/K

1 Like

Hi Ken,

I teach at a music school and private lessons. I also do occasional film scoring projects. That’s really good your getting A listed! I am sure the extra 0 to your music income will come soon enough! I have some music on my soundcloud. Keep posting awesome tracks! Take care,

1 Like