New to Cubase - How do I?

Hi All,

I’ve just started using Cubase and would be most grateful if you’d help me.

I want to side-chain my kick to 23 tracks but I only have 8 sends (Using Pro C2). I believe I have to set up a group, but I don’t think I’ve set it up correctly, or if this is the way to do it. Please can someone explain how to do this properly?

Thank you!

For kick sidechain I usually create a new track - copy of the main kick channel - sound from it doesn’t go to any groups/outputs - only sends to sidechain. But you can create few similar channels/groups and use those sends. Maybe there’s better approach… I usually sidechain lots of stuff during production so when I mix - most of the elements are already sidechained so I need just few more… not 20 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply, good of you :slight_smile:
I think I get what you mean… I’ve now set it up like this;

That seems to work well, I copied the Kick as suggested then routed it to separate groups and it seems to have done the trick.
Unless there’s a better way? :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Hi!

The easiest way to do this would probably be to highlight all these 23 tracks and then right click in the mixer and say “create group for selected channels” (or something like that :D) and then it automatically creates a group and routes all the channels into it. Next step would be to insert a VST3 compatible compressor on any insert on that group and turn on the Sidechain button. After doing that you will be able to send from your kick channel into the sidechain of that compressor. Hope that helps