UAD Sale now on (June 2017)!

Thanks @Paul for a previous comment on my post to let me know UAD would be having a sale. I have been checking and can now confirm that the sale is on. If you (like me) have loads of new plug ins needed, now may be the time. they have the bundles, so look out for them…

1 Like

What are you thinking of picking up, Elton?

I, myself, might go for a compressor. I’m also thinking of getting the Culture Vulture.

Does anyone feel as though Cult Vult is redundant if one already has Decapitator? Or are they sufficiently different and perhaps even synergistic

I had already gone through mixing foundations, next level mixing and next level mastering and collated the recommended plug in list. That way I could quickly see which plugin configure had the best saving. For example the Studio D which I had seen @Paul talking about on the forum was only £75 in the sale, so with a £40 voucher for buying the ultimate 6 it only cost me £35. So, I had previous bought a quad (wish I’d gone Octo) and also used the Neve sale last month. This time I got the bundle of 6. I reckon in the way I have done it I am averaging paying about 55% of the full price. My list now (including the UAD-2 device included ones is;

1176LN Legacy Classic Limiting Amplifier (included)
1176SE Legacy Classic Limiting Amplifier (included)
Ampex® ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder
API Vision Channel Strip
elysia• alpha compressor
Fairchild (included)
Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip
Manley® Massive Passive EQ
Moog Multimode Filter Collection
Neve 88RS Channel Strip Collection
Neve 31102 / 31102SE Classic Console EQs
Neve® 88RS Channel Strip
Precision Enhancer Hz (included)
Precision Mix Rack Collection (included)
Pultec EQP-1A Legacy (included)
Pultec Pro EQ Legacy (included)
RealVerb-Pro (included)
SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection
SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection
Studio D Chorus
Teletronix® LA-2A Legacy Classic Leveling Amplifier (included)
Thermionic Culture Vulture
UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ (included)

I will now wait as I can tell I will want the octo at some point so I will then weigh up the cost diffence for the ‘custom’ package which gets 3 of your choice plugins. At that point I can see if the difference between the core and custom is worth it for the plugins I want and it probably will save me some cash again…

Now I just need to upgrade the skill level to match the kit list!

Out of all the above, the ATR is awesome and also the SSL strip. I have yet to use culture vulture but everything suggests it will be awesome. In the studio later to try it out…

You will not be disappointed with the CV, it works wonders for low frequency content. I also own the Mastering Edition hardware and in some cases prefer the software. CV is great for musical and more subtle analogue saturation, Decapitator is much more aggressive, which of course is great for other applications.

Just used it on a kick. Not sure if that is a ‘usual’ application for it, but it brings as you say a subtle saturation which is beefing up the kick without it just being ‘louder’ or ‘aggressive’.

Hi Elton, I was wondering if I should buy the elysia• alpha compressor - it’s on sale right now and I have a 25.00 coupon… where do you find it most useful - please let me know.

Thanks,

Alexa

It is my goto compressor for mastering. I don’t put it on channels, but definitely on the mastering buss. Have a look also at Plugin Alliance though. Students get (i think 50%) discount and it is the same plugin. i use the UAD one and @TheSheep uses the plugin alliance one. He swears that it is better (he had UAD one before).

Do it one way, that’s for sure!

Elton

1 Like

Thanks for the info - well - plugin alliance with 50% off is still a lot more than the UAD plugin with the sale and coupon… so I will test stuff out tonight and make up my mind :slight_smile:

1 Like