High frequency treatment question

Do you know what does the treatment on the high frequency means ? I see that sometimes on very good mixes. Like these 3 exemples, Calvin Harris, Bruno Mars etc.

I not heard that statement before but I guess it just means boosting the high frequencies with an EQ or exciter.

It is interesting because I always prefer my mixes to resemble the frequency contour of pink noise/symphony orchestra where the frequencies response attenuates from low to high.

However, boosting high frequencies and attenuating low frequencies will enable your master to be louder.

Why do you worried about if you can’t hear it ?
It is above human hearing range.
Focus on low end instead.

could that be a brick wall on the high end? I’ve seen some samples that look like that and I assumed they had a 96db cut there

I must have missed the circles the first time around…

That does look like a sharp high cut filter, I honestly could not recommend utilising such a steep filter. 24 dB is maximum on a master bus but probably 6 dB or 12 dB will sound the best.

The phase-shift and transient smearing starts to get noticeable above these slopes.

Also, do not forget for a 44.1 sample rate file we have the Nyquist anti-aliasing filter at 22.1 KHz.

1 Like

care to elaborate on this bit Paul ? - “Also, do not forget for a 44.1 sample rate file we have the Nyquist anti-aliasing filter at 22.1 KHz.” thnx