A good apple computer for music production?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to get a new mac for my music production, film scoring and mixing. I’d love to hear what you are using or recommend. i was thinking something along the lines of the 27 inch new iMac.

1 Like

I am producing on my macbook pro 15" 4xi7 2016. My next computer will definitely be the new Imac Pro.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation. The iMac pro looks awesome!

I use a top spec’d 27" 5k iMac, they work very well. I agree with @kalbinsson though the iMac Pro looks great and it’s a beast. However I’d wait until they reduce the price, at the moment they’re a hefty price tag, for the current cost of them you could instead invest in your own private island :slight_smile:

Hope you’re both well,
S

1 Like

Thanks Sean. Yeah iMac 27 inch from late 2009 is what I currently use. After reading your post, I’m just going to replace the drive and keep working on that until the iMac pro is within my budget.

Awesome ideas! Thanks to you both.

Jacob M Friedman
www.jacobmfriedman.com

1 Like

I’m still using a 2010 12-core MacPro. I’ve upgraded it a few times, but it’s still working great.

2 Likes

I just had my hard drive fail after 9 years of use. I brought it into an apple certified repair store and they retrieved all the data and installed a 3 terabyte hard drive and more ram. It’s pretty awesome. These machines can last a while. mine is a late 2009 imac 27 inch quad core with 16 gb of ram. I know that is nothing compared to the imac pro but to my needs it works very well. It is nice to dream about how much faster an imac pro would be.

2 Likes