An option for Sitting too long

I’m gonna sound like a infomercial but maybe others have been having issues too…
For the last 2 years I’ve been developing some extreme lower back pain.
I couldn’t stand for more then 10 minutes and some of my toes were starting to go numb.

I’ve tried everything, (doctors, chiropractors, physiotherapists) almost to the point of surgery.
After sitting all day behind a computer at work, and then going home & sitting while I work on music at night.
I decided to try one of these https://www.varidesk.com/
Right away my issues have started clearing up.
A cheaper option, my brother did installed a large shelf on his office wall where he
can move his laptop to and still stand. He said it’s helped him too.
Might be worth checking out?

Side note…My chiropractor suggested stopping every hour to stretch for a couple minutes. That’s helped
a lot too.

1 Like

I suffer from DJ Back after many years of DJs, I could be DJ’ing for up to 6 hours at a time and some clubs had the decks super low.

Sitting for long periods of time in the studio definitely exasabates the issue, I found purchasing a ergonomic chair and having my monitor on an adjustable arm helps to minimise symtoms

I do need to get up a bit more, sometimes I sit for far too long and it is not good for back or health.

try this:

1 Like

I just bought the chair and set it up - I created a separate post in the forum and I’ll post an update later this weekend on how the chair did when sitting on it for many hours…

2 Likes

So my update is - 5 stars - used if for 10 hours on Sunday and felt great, other than sitting on plastic can make you sweat it’s perfect. You can buy a cover for it for usd 29.00 so you won’t sit on plastic or throw a towel or other type of cloth on it to not sit directly on the plastic.

My posture was much better, and overall my body felt less fatigued sitting - so I feel it’s a great investment.

Alexa

2 Likes

Cool, I’ll check it out.

1 Like

I usually set a timer for 25-30 minutes and then get up and walk and do something on my feet for 10 minutes then back at it. A great way to refresh the ears too.

dudeee you save my back haha I have the same problem!

I start to stand up, play with the dogo a couple of min and the back to production and well it work for me

I think that the fact of been sitting down 8 hours is that your body has to support all your weight

they tell me that in school

Deadlift is also a nice way to reinforce your back :sweat_smile:

1 Like