The NEW CLA MixDown

Hey guys, have you tried the new CLA MixDown? Let me know what you think about it! :slight_smile:

http://www.waves.com/plugins/cla-mixdown

hmmm sound like a gimmicky plug-in but if it sounds good…

I saw a big time pop/rock producer using the CLA Vocal about 5 years ago so I gave it a try and it actually was pretty dope. For me it really shines to enhance pre-processed vocals and acapellas for electronic productions. I saw this CLA Mixdown and I just thought after doing the mix courses I’d rather understand and create this myself, and now I’m feeling that way about the CLA Vocal too.

I have the CLA Vocals and it is easy to use and when I have used it (before the course), it got better results than I would have got on my own with separate plugins. How it would compare now, I don’t know yet but to me this is like LANDR. If you have no idea what you are doing, then it will get you better results than you could on your own. If you do know what you are doing, then I doubt it. Even in the CLA advert it is called a ‘set it and forget it’ plugin.

My thoughts therefore are if you want the quick route to getting a good sound, go buy it. If you want the harder way, but this time getting a great sound. There are no silver bullets. I’m done with having a good sound. I want a great sound and I know I am probably months and could even be years away from from it, but I am prepared for the long haul and lots of effort to one day say ‘I did that’ knowing that I (not a set and forget plugin) actually did it. Not everyone is the same, so I am not saying this is the right way, just the way I want to go.

What I would say is that if you fed this with a bad mix, I bet it wouldn’t sound too good and if you have gone through the process of learning how to create a great mix, then surely, you are almost there. The hard work has been done!